December is such a fun time – school festivals, present wrapping, baking… And apparently very little blogging, but at last I’ve found time to share 7 of my latest favorite links!
1. 20 Things That Our Parents Did That We Don’t – Looking for ideas to make the holidays special? Try a few of these – so simple, and yet it’s true that I don’t do nearly as many of them as I should (although my mother will be happy to know the Thank You note tradition lives on strongly in my household.).
2. It’s Official: Henry Cavill is Sexier Than Benedict, Tom, Robert… – Do you agree? I, of course, think this list is quite lacking in that Colin Morgan and Bradley James appear nowhere on it. I have to concede, however, that I not only don’t mind looking at Mr. Cavill, but that he is already pegged as the physical inspiration for a future romance hero.
3. Regency Pianos – Most Regencies that I read have at least one pianoforte in them. Sometimes the hero plays, sometimes the heroine… or sometimes, a la Julia Quinn, the musical component of the book is hilariously and hideously bad. Here’s a nice, short blog piece with pictures showing what pianos really looked like back in the day.
4. The 14 Habits of Highly Miserable People – I live with two Eeyores, and I hate to admit that I myself am prone to bray more than I should. I’m always seeking my Inner Tigger, so if you’re like me, read up to find out what NOT to do if you want to be happy.
5. Best Books 2013: Romance – These are the Library Journal’s picks for the best of the genre in 2013. How many have you read? Do you agree with their choices?
6. Best Books 2013: Ebook Romances – Do you read more eBooks or traditional books? I definitely lean toward the paper side of things, but having recently acquired a Kindle, I’ll admit my e-to-read list is starting to pile up, too. What do you think of the choices Library Journal made?
7. Ten Things You Might Not Know About Christmas – Fascinating article on the history of some of the Christmas tradition we take most for granted!