Well, I admit it. I’m a little behind in, uh, everything, including blogging. What can I say? It’s been a whirlwind two weeks. Meaning it’s been one truly heavenly week of cavorting around London (and meeting COLIN MORGAN!) and one week of trying to recover from said cavorting without really wanting to reenter real life (while also NaNoWriMoing!).
So as I attempt to work up the time and energy to chronicle my exploits of running around in ol’ London Town, here at least are some cool links that caught my eye recently:
1. How To Write A Query Letter – Yes, I’m still researching this. Because I still need to do it! So here’s a great article breaking down the process into what will hopefully be manageable and mostly pain-free steps.
2. College for Free? – Don’t pack your (or your kids’) bags quite yet; we’re not heading to Harvard. But you CAN take many college-level courses online now – FOR FREE! So if you love to learn like I do, why not go check out the many opportunities that abound out there in good old Cyberspace. If nothing else, you’ll be doing great research for future writing, right?
3. 10 Easy Things That Will Make You Happier – If you’re happy and you know it, clap your — I mean, you don’t need this link. But did you know just a little of some very simple things (exercise, sleep, companionship) goes a LONG way toward improving your day-to-day satisfaction with your life? I’m all for that!
4. Mark Twain’s Top 9 Tops for Living a Kick-Ass Life – Do you think those were his exact words? Kick-ass life? Probably not, but it seems Mr. Twain also had some good ideas about how to live a happier life. I like them all. Now I just need to work on living them all.
5. 20 Tips for Writing Lovable Romance Novel Heroes – Lest you think I’ve forgotten my main purpose here – to write some kick-ass romance – here’s a guide for me (and any other romance novelist out there) looking to create lovable romance novel heroes. Lustable ones, too, I presume.
6. 10 Ways to Love the People in Your Life – Yes, I dig a sexy alpha male, a divine Regency rogue, a dashing cowboy with a sexy smirk. But I love the real people in my life more. So in the spirit of this month of Thanksgiving, I want to work on thanking them by simply loving them better. Maybe this list will inspire you as well as me.
7. Toddler Naps With His 2-Month Old Puppy – Every Day – And finally, because you need some “Awwww” moments in your day, I present: adorable puppy and adorable kid, adorably asleep with each other, by each other, on each other. I hope the mom repeats these pictures in 10 years!